Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Broad Recap


SO the big wedding weekend is over and we are both a big bag of mixed emotions. Where to start? Well, I got to the beach early and had the opportunity to relax and get my thoughts together and de-stress. Robert on the other hand, got there on Thursday and was so busy until after the wedding that he didn't have time to breathe. It turned out that I was the calm one and ended up calling him a few times to call him down. I was in this weird zen place where there was no stress. The whole thing felt like a big dream.I also took advantage of the fact that there were a lot of people to help me and didn't hesitate to ask for help when needed. Remember soon-to-be brides,there is nothing wrong with asking people to help you out! Don't put it all on your own shoulders. So, the rain was a huge issue. It started to rain about 20 minutes before our outdoor ceremony. That meant we had to re-do the reception room at the last minute and just my luck, the restaurant was on a wait so the reception/lobby area was already packed with non-guests. Great. So before the ceremony was pure chaos and everyone wanted to stop and have a conversation with me. At that point, I just threw up my hands and said to the owner of the restaurant, "Just tell me where to be and when to go. Please don't ask me any more questions". Just had to give up control because otherwise I would have lost my mind.It turns out that the ceremony was much more intimate and beautiful inside than it would have been outside. Everything happens for a reason! During the ceremony, it stopped raining and we were able to take pictures outside.

There were a ton of other cute stories and ridiculous drama (the best man's wife threw a hissy because she didn't like where she was seated), but we were way too happy and mushy to notice anything negative. I know that we've all heard people say that on the day of, you won't notice all the small things that go wrong and if you do they won't matter. I never thought that I would be able to let go enough to be that person, but I was. When the first dance music got totally messed up (wrong song started twice, beginning of the song got cut off, the song cut off early and all you heard was feedback), me and Robert were so busy laughing and dancing that we didn't care.

The day wasn't at all what either of us expected it to be, but we loved it. At the end of the day, the pictures say everything!

As of this moment, 3 days after the wedding, my lovely husband is having a hard time. He doesn't get to to see his family and friends very often. He was so overwhelmed and happy that he is having some trouble with the fact that the whole exciting weekend is over. We are calling it "party withdrawals". I think this is why people take honeymoons right after the wedding. It's a good time to decompress and recover from the best party you'll ever have. Instead we are sitting in our apartment surrounded by stuff and trying to figure out what just happened. Don't get me wrong, we are incredibly happy to be married, there is just this weird feeling we are both having that no one prepared us for. I guess all anyone wants to talk about is all the wonderful and happy stuff. I promise, it's not all roses. We are slightly depressed that it is all over, especially since it all happened so fast!

When I have my wits about me and can focus for more than a few minutes, I will go into more wedding details and maybe even give out a lil "if I had known then what I know now" advice. Until then, be sure to check out http://emilyandrobertswedding.shutterfly.com/ password:taleofthewhale.

Be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment