Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Little Bit of Good Luck and Some Bridezilla Moments

So the wedding is in less than a week! I am leaving for the beach on Tuesday, so tomorrow will be my last day in town to tie up loose ends!
I was really scared that I would be the eating a lot because of the stress (which I have been known to do). Instead, the gods have smiled on me and completely destroyed my appetite. Unhealthy, I know, but helpful! When I do manage to choke some food down, I'm trying to make sure that it's really healthy. Yogurt, salads, grilled chicken, etc. I hate keeping a scale, so I'm not sure if I've lost any weight. I feel thinner, but that might just be my head telling me that since I haven't been eating very much. I've also been trying to take Bodie (my dog) on some nice long walks when the weather is nice. In fact, Robert and I went to Weaver Street Market today for brunch and walked around with him. Very nice and relaxing...
So, my bridezilla moment. I went to pick up my dress from my seamstress, who is incredibly talented and wonderful. She made me a gorgeous asymmetrical double french bustle (try saying that 5 times fast!). It was so different that she took a picture of the final product and put it into her "bustle scrapbook". What I wasn't expecting was that there would be a dress hook on the outside of the dress and all the points would be visible when the bustle was let out. So I've got my two sides working over time. The rational side of me says that my dress will be bustled most of the time and that when it's not, no one will be looking at my train hard enough to see those small details. Even if they do, they won't care. The bride part of me is freaking because it doesn't look as beautiful as it did before and I feel like everyone will be staring at those little pieces of thread on the back of my dress. I'm sure there are some of you out there who deal with these split-personalities right before the wedding. Well, my crazy side is a little too powerful at the moment. The dress is being kept where I can't get to it so I don't sit there and stare at the train like an obsessed bride.
I also made a HUGE mistake with the time of the ceremony and just figured it out on Friday. So, I thought that sunset was at 7:15 PM, so I scheduled the ceremony for 7:00 PM so that there would be a nice red sky. Pretty, right? Well, turns out that sunRISE is at 7:15 AM and sunSET is at 6:30 PM. Oh shit. That's exactly what I want, to get married in the dark. At least they won't see the points on my train, right? Well, I'd rather people see the points than get married in the dark and I can't afford outdoor lighting at the last minute. So, it looks like I have to move the ceremony up. So anyone that's been married knows how hard it is to move everything up an hour a week before the wedding. I've been scrambling to get it done and notify all the guests. I think we have all the bases covered, but now that nagging feeling that I'm missing something has gotten that much worse because I've made a last minute change.
Today, my mother has decided that we need to shop for her dress. For the fifth time. She's tried on more dresses than I did when I was looking for my dress. Sweet jebus. It's gonna be a long week...

No comments:

Post a Comment